Monday, February 14, 2011

Healthy Beef Mondays: If Only I had a Valentine

Happy Valentines Day peeps!!
Today's Healthy Beef Monday features a recipe that I can't wait to share with all my meat-eating Valentines. I came across it this weekend while attending the Wisconsin Hereford Association Annual Meeting held in conjunction with the Wisconsin Cattlemen's Convention. The Cattlemen's had a table full of lean beef quick-facts, recipes, and good stewards of our land literature. As you can imagine I snatched it all up in hopes of future blog posts. The recipe I'm about to share is from the Beef Check-Off program "Savor the Flavor" brochure featuring many rubs, marinades and sauces.
Filet Mignon is a great choice for your Valentines dinner as 53% of Americans identify filet Mignon with candlelight romance. And if a Nice juicy steak doesn't scream LOVE then what does??
Blue Cheese Butter Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
4 slices of cooked bacon
1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
2 teaspoons jalapeno pepper sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1. Combine blue cheese, butter cream cheese, bacon, chives, pepper sauce and lemon juice in large bowl; mix thoroughly.
2. To serve, top warm steak (Filet Mignon) with 2 tablespoons sauce.
Makes 1 1/3 cups
Nothing says I love you like a warm juicy steak with your Valentine. Best of luck cooking for that special someone. Don't forget: The polls are still open, vote for your favorite cut of beef!
Now for a couple announcements:
1) I would like to welcome my newest follower: Elin Westover. Elin is a graduate student at Colorado State University. We became great friend while attending Michigan State University. Elin worked at the Sheep farm and I worked at the Beef barn. We even ended up being college roommates. Welcome Elin.
2) While I may not have a Valentine this year I was ecstatic to receive a little present today in the mail from my mom. It is a fancy pin/clip to use as an fashion accessory on my sweaters.
3) Update from my previous post about Agriculture in the Workplace... I had a coworker look at my cattle byproducts picture and he was so intrigued by it he ended up taking a picture of it to show his VEGAN friend! It sparked great office convo amongst my cubicle buddies!
4) As you are aware I changed the backdrop and title of my blog. I do think I may be breaking "The rules of blogging" by doing this but I just want to make sure my blog appearance is Par! With that said I am open for suggestions on title, backdrop, and post topics.
Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

Elin said...

Thanks! I am still trying to figure this out. I am not too blog savy so please help! :) ecwestover@hotmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...