Last week I attended an in-house Bader Rutter digital education session featuring blogging. Being new to the blogging world I attended in hopes of getting a few tips to apply to my ag blog. Ever feel like you just don't know what to blog about? Or wonder if readers are interested in your content? Before starting your post keep the following items in mind.
- Invest in high quality content: thick rich, frequent, video, 400 words! (I'll admit sometimes my post are too long, working to keep it short and to the point)
- Feature blogger (company, customers, channel and opinion leader guests). Ask a blogger friend to be featured on your blog! Fun way to spice it up
- Repurpose existing and generate new stories that align with goals and brands
- Integrate PR content and live events
- Beak up longer stories into pieces
- Spend time to optimize the content repurposed from print
- Look to already popular downloads
- Short compelling bursts to drive to other lengthy sources
|Each employee received an educational poster on Successful Tips |
I'll be hanging this on my wall!
- 2010 - 34%
- 2011 - 39%
- 2012 - 43%