Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Cookin'

Today when I going through my inbox I found a Kraft recipe email with a subject line: 7 ground beef recipes and HALLOWEEN cupcake photos. I knew this was a winner because A) I love Beef and B) I'll admit I have quite the sweet tooth. So I opened it up and was taken to the Kraft website were I saw a bunch of  fabulous ideas on ways to spice up your suppers with ground beef.
My favorite one that I plan on making is the Cheesey-Salsa Mini-Meatloaf. I had to laugh about how Kraft recommended baking it because my friend, Crystal Cattle, did a blog post just yesterday about this cooking method. She found it on Pinterest. Oh Pinterest..... I'm starting to have fun with my boards, that's a whole other post!
All the ingredients sounded pretty easy and I am a huge Mexican-food lover! Look forward to making & freezing!

What you need
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup finely chopped onions (for a little favor-lovin')
1 egg
12 finely chopped Saltine crackers
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
1 cup salsa, divided
Make it
Heat oven to 400*F
Mix the first 4 ingredients (listed above) together with 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup salsa
Press into 12 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Use back of spoon to make indentation in the center of each. Place muffin pan on foil covered baking sheet.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until the meat-muffins reach an internal temperature of 160*F. Top with the remaining cheese and salsa and bake for an additional 3 minutes. I also think alittle sour cream on the side could be good, or what about complimenting this meal with tostito chips?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...