Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Flair: A Slice of Life in Red Arrow Park

A Wisconsin Weekend

In a post from a few days ago I mentioned that instead of heading to the farm, I stayed put and took in a little bit of the city life. While I did miss seeing my cows and family it was sorta nice to not pack up my stuff and drive two hours north in the Friday traffic. It was also nice to get some errands crossed off the ole' to-do list.

On Sunday my cousins showed me Red Arrow Park in the heart of downtown Milwaukee. Red Arrow Park is a outdoor ice skating rink place in front of a Starbucks coffee shop. For a small price you can rent skates and do as many laps as your heart (or ankles) can take!! In all my 23 years, this was only my 3rd time on the ice! Can you believe it? I guess I lived a sheltered childhood! My cousins who are five and seven were a bit worried I would embarrass them and fall down! To their surprise I didn't even fall once! However I did stay within arm reach of the edge. If you're in the Milwaukee area and looking for a fun weekend activity, head to Red Arrow Park. And with the unseasonable temperatures, I suggest you head there soon before the rink turns into a big puddle.
Look....NO HANDS

Noah got tried so he sat on a bucket and we all pushed him arounds.
Talk about a thigh/back workout!
Now it's Noah's turn to push me!

Have a great weekend everyone!

N.Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...