Thursday, February 2, 2012

It all depends on Punxsutawney Phil

WHO??

Yes, that's right Punxsutawney Phil, the Groundhog! Happy Groundhog's Day! Today is the day that will determine how much longer of this mild winter we will have. And according to the news there will be six more weeks of winter :( .

And if you're a cold blooded person that me, you're hoping Punxsutawney Phil is incorrect, I live for every season except winter. Why am I residing the one of the coldest states? I ask myself the same question!

Here's a funny, but dry clip about the history behind Groundhog's Day and the true hog that determines the arrival of spring. Did you know this day is only celebrated in Canada and 49 of the 50 states? Alaska dropped out of the festivities a few years ago.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...