Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I believe

Happy National FFA Week

FFA week is being celebrated throughout the country over the course of the five days. While it was almost 6 years ago, I still remember the distinct feeling of pride when putting on my corduroy jacket. My jacket has lots of high school memories. My jacket signifies success. Success when winning the WI FFA Job Interview Contest, national finalist for the Ag Education Proficiency and winning the Public Service Announcement were highlights of my FFA career. Looking back these accomplishments laid the groundwork for my college education and career in agriculture. Several lifelong valueable skills were gained, I don't know any other student organization that prepares students for career and personal success. I do believe that FFA students have determination and drive to reach goals. I believe that FFA provides opportunities for students to learn by doing. I believe that the agriculture industry holds has some of the best people who take a special interest in youth determined to excel.
This week Keeping it Real: Through the Lens of a Farm Girl is posting fun FFA facts throughout the week. Be sure to "like" her on Facebook and learn about the importance of agriculture education and supporting student involved in FFA. Remember these students are the future of our industry.
Did you participate in the FFA Creed contest as a Freshman?

The breakdown. Did you know FFA positevly influenced this many students throughout the U.S.,
Puerto Rico and the Vigin Islands?
Please share your favorite FFA memory? Or what was your favorite FFA week activity that your chapter did to raise awareness?

N.Starr
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...