Tuesday, April 3, 2012

1001 days from now I'll have........

101 in 1001 goals

As you know from my 3 in 30 monthly challenges, I'm a goal-driven individual. As odd as it may sound, I think I get some sort of emotional high off of checking this off my to-do list. Whether work or personal life, I have a handwritten (usually never-ending) list that I'm plugging along at and living for the moment when I can take a hot pink highlighter and cross it off as complete! In a way it makes sense, from little on I've been the kind of person that's not only working in the present, but also planning for the future.
With that, I've decided to take on a larger goal challenges, 101 goals in 1001 days. Start date was on Sunday, April 1, 2012 (no not an April Fool's joke), with a completion date of Sunday, December 28, 2014. It seems so far away, but yet it also seems like just yesterday I was graduating from Michigan State and entering the real world, hard to believe I've been a MSU alumni for 2 years!
Anyways, I'm excited to see where these 1001 days take me, hopefully I'll get to do a little traveling and knock a few things off my bucket list. Here are some of my favorites, but please see all of them on the '101 Things to do in 1001 Day' tab or by click here.

Travel
  • Go to the Kentucky Derby. Yes that right, watch it on TV the first weekend of every May. I'm actually a "Southern Bell" at heart. I would love to get dressed up and wear a big, fancy hat and take in that high-dollar horse racing vibe. And maybe do a little horse betting!
Adventure
  • Sailboat ride. Just to say I have and because I've never been.
  • Meet the Pioneer Women. Yep, I'm sure you're not surprised, I'm a huge fan! And to get my cookbooks signed, pretty please. Hint Hint... my birthday is in a little over a month and I still don't own cookbook #2....
Gratitude
  • Give back to an organization that was good to me and got me to where I am today. Looking forward to this one!
Professional
  • Attend a new agriculture event. It's always good to expand your horizons and learn a little something new about the industry we love!
Don't forget to check out the rest of the 101 in 1001 list, it's quite the list and I had fun putting it together. What will you accomplish this April? I'm hoping for a little spring cleaning:)

N.Starr
   

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Your goals and categories are awesome! I know you can do it!

Nicole Starr said...

Thanks Melissa!! Hope you're having a great spring! I love keeping up with all the races you're in! Go Girl!! What a great feeling!

Anonymous said...

Have you checked out the app Teux Deux? It's an awesome to-do list app - it even let's you cross things off! :) Mamie

www.dearbabyluhmann.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...