Monday, June 4, 2012

Cookin' with Crown

I love to eat meat, especially the 29 cuts of lean beef. But I also have a sweet spot for chicken wings and when it's smothered in barbecue sauce, even better. But what's better then BBQ chicken wings is when it's made with whiskey. Like every other livestock person I love to drink whisky, Crown Royal is my whiskey of choice.  This weekend while I was at my parents, looking at my new Pioneer Women Cookbook I saw this recipe and couldn't resist. Grabbed my purse, put Rex in his kennel and told my dad I was headed to our fine local grocery store.
There's a little story behind my new cookbook. It's from our great family friends, The Geodderz, and they gave this to me for my 24th Birthday. How sweet right? So I thought it was only appropriate that the first meal made go to them to enjoy. Some may say they were my guinea pigs. But when a recipe calls for Crown Royal how bad can it be?
When making something with Crown Royal, why not double the batch right? That's what I thought too. Making enough for my parents and I to enjoy during the week. So tonight I had 2 CR BBQ chicken wings, and let me just say it's dangerously good! Can't wait to hear the reviews from my taste-testers. Never tasted such a sweet, tangy sauce, I'm guessing you could use the sauce in other recipes... baked beans, ribs, chicken breast.
I've now found my go-to BBQ sauce recipe, but what is yours?
Photo courtesy of the PW Blog. Make sure you enter in her turquoise pot giveaway. All you have to do is comment saying which color you'd like to be for the rest of your life! Click here to register.

N.Starr

2 comments:

Jamie Purfeerst said...

YUM! I love making chicken on the grill! I will have to try it!

Nicole Starr said...

It was soo good! You'll love it! Can't wait to make it again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...