Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!

Yes, I back! The hustle and bustle of the crazy holidays is finally over and we've been greeted with a new year! I can't wait to share with you the fun things I did over break, Christmas with the family and what the new year has in store.
Most of the blogs I follow have shared new years resolutions and top posts of 2012. All neat ideas and what I was planning on doing until... BAM! I woke up on Wednesday to red, watery eyes. HUH? That's strange it must have been my contacts etc. didn't think much of it. Guess it was going to be a glasses kind of day for my first work day of 2013. Thank god my outfit could accommodate a last minute switch to wearing my glasses. But then as the day went on, the redness became worse and I kept thinking 'uhh I can't wait for 5 O'clock so I can just go home and shut my eyes'. Since it wasn't getting better I decided a trip to the urgent care was in order. My baby blues aren't something to mess around with.
After filling out all the dreaded paper work and sitting in the waiting room, only to I'm sure catch my next illness, the nurse finally called me back. After the usual questions, blood pressure and heart beat SHE had the NERVE to ask me to step on the SCALE. Come on lady, we're only a week past Christmas, couldn't she have given me a pass?! But no I had to step on the scale only for the number to confirm that I did in fact eat too many of my dad's homemade, delicious chocolates. Oh you haven't heard.... yes, he'll be putting Godiva gotta business someday.
Back to my eyes.... the doctor wasn't even in the room, took once quick glance and announced a confirmed case of PINK EYE! Gross, yuck. Where did I get that? In my opinion there are only two classes of mammals that get pink... little kids and Hereford cattle. (I know certain readers who will get a kick out of that comment, my brother in-law included!) I don't fit into either one of those.
So here I sit for a couple day in isolation, applying drops ever 3 hours and disinfecting everything in sight. Operation Sanitation is my current motto. The lovely nurse also informed me that pink eye is no way to start the new year, she was a real piece of work.
Expect the unexpected. Go with what life throws at you. This is minor, I'm confident 2013 will be a year for the record books. I'll be living each day to the fullest in no time....that is once I'm able to put my contacts in and have made a trip to the MAC counter for new makeup and brushes (yes, had to throw all that out).
Cheers to a crazy, hectic one-of-kind New Year!
N.Starr

2 comments:

Holli said...

Oh no! Hope you get to feeling better. Hope you had a wonderful holiday

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested
to see if it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off
topic but I had to share it with someone!
Here is my site ; Satellite Television

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...