Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Let's have a party - Thanksgiving style

Hostess&Mostest

We're a few days out from the day where it's perfectly acceptable to consume thousands upon thousands of calories, so why not have a party. That's what we're planning on doing at the Starr house. We're doing something new this year: It's just going to be us, the immediate family, for Thanksgiving. This won't be like most years when we host a bunch of people or when we spend it at my Grandma's with lots of cousin, aunts, uncles etc. This year it won't matter what time we eat or what we're wearing. Just a low-key, relaxing day with my parents, two sisters, brother in-law and nephew. We're each making a little something, hopefully I can pull through on the family recipe. Stay tuned.

Feeling overwhelmed with all the Christmas commercials? It's OK, I get annoyed with the rush to Christmas too. Thought I share the most uplifting, make-you-wanna-throw-a-turkey-in-the-oven-whip-up-some-mashed-potatoes-and-have-a-party Thanksgiving commercial. It's my favorite and I hope it gets you in the spirit.
There are so many fun Thanksgiving words that go together, which were your favorite?
Mine were New & Tradition, Hostest & Mostest being second.

N.Starr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I understand this is somewhat off-topic but I needed to ask.

Does running a
well-established blog such as yours require a lot of work?
I am brand new to writing a blog but I do write in my
diary everyday. I'd like to start a blog so I can share my personal experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring blog owners.
Appreciate it!
my page - Malpractice Lawyer

Nicole Starr said...

Not off topic at all! Someone once told me "There's no rules for blogging", And that's what i live by. I share stuff that's interesting to me (and hopefully readers will too), while giving them a peak into my life. I also recommend making your blog a story, meaning having post that fit together into a story to make people want to come back and read more. Good luck! Let me know what your blog url is so i can visit. My contact info is in the Meet Nicole section, feel free to email with additional questions/thoughts:)
Happy Holidays!
Nicole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...