Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Battle of Cell Phone Carriers

First encounter with Sirri

This Facebook post describes the start of what I thought was a good, solid, entertaining relationship with a potential cell phone company. I was seconds away to being the owner of an iPhone (finally).Until things went south at check out when we began the process of porting my number from the old to the new carrier........

Sirri had the balls to tell me my current number was not transferable due to a Verizon/US Cellular agreement. After going into detail about it being a federal offense, he started "searching" for my soon-to-be new phone number- Just like that, like it was no big deal. Apparently Sirri didn't know that a cell phone number now days is considered a form of identification. In my opinion, it carries just as much weight as your social security number. I didn't hold back, I let him know what I thought. And from the blank look on his face, he was wishing he wouldn't have drawn the short straw in having to serve me. Now I don't know if they actually drew straw, but by the looks on their faces when I entered the store in my post workout wardrobe, they wanted to pass me off to the lowest guy on the totem pole. I may or may not have thrown a temper tantrum in the store and I may or may not have called my Dad to talk to Sirri and inform him that I MUST keep my current number. One thing for sure is, I walked out without the iPhone. I'm standing my ground on this one. Stay tuned to hear who wins this battle.
I'm off to the next cell phone store tonight. Here's to meeting another Sirri and not throwing a temper tantrum two nights in a row!

N.Starr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really Nicole, you called dad?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...