Monday, January 24, 2011

The TV doesn't work.....

So lucky for you I will blog two nights in a row!! There are two topics I have in mind for tonight: 1) Explain the meaning of my Hereford picture to the left of this post and 2) give you a little more insight as to my career at Bader Rutter & Associates. Summer 2010 was very bitter sweet for me. It was my last year of showing. It seems like just yesterday I was 7 years old and getting ready for my first junior national in Des Moines, Iowa. The summers really flew by but with it I gained responsibility, learned the true meaning of hard work and dedication, and made some of the best childhood memories with my family and friends. Growing up on a farm and showing Herefords really has shaped me into the person that I am today and I wouldn't trade it for the world! Miley was my last show heifer (I'll talk more about her later). Her and I both stayed at Michigan State this past summer to get ready for the Jr National (in Indy) and actually I had to take a summer class in order to graduate. It was really great for both us because neither one of us were quite ready to leave "Spartan Land". One spring day while I was looking at her to see how she was coming along I just happened to have my camera and snapped a picture of her eye. When looking at the picture I thought it sent across a very powerful message. I entered it in the photo contest at the JNHE and WON!!! The picture now sits on my filing cabinet at work so every time I look up I can think off all the great bonding time spent over the summer. PS-She got the name Miley because of Miley Cyrus's song Party in the USA (it had just come out and was a big hit when I bought her) Now onto my career..... Just a few paragraphs up I mentioned how growing up on a farm and showing shaped me into the person that I am today! Well you bet that's true. Something that initially started out as a hobby, way of spending summers, and my family's way of life has turned into my full-time career. In September 2010, shortly after graduating, I joined Bader Rutter & Associates. I'm sure most of you have never heard of them, it's ok:) I will explain. BR is an advertising agent based out of Brookfield, WI. They handle accounts such as: Pfizer Animal Health, John Deere Credit, GE Health Care, Dow Agrosciences, Mycogen Seed, Office Max (the list can go on) BR provides advertising and public relations services to their clients. It just so happens that I go hired to work on the Pfizer Animal Health account, something I am truly passionate about. It is very rewarding to be promoting animal health to producers across the country. What is very neater is the fact that I have a strong background of the products as I used them first hand on my family's Hereford farm and while working at the MSU PBB. I enjoy talking to my co-workers about the different products and sharing my experiences with them. I think I may even have a couple co workers come to the Starr Farm to see these products in-action that way they will have a better understand of what we are advertising. I really hope they are able to witness a calf being born- what an eye opening experience that would be! Going back to what I do.... Advertising and Public Relations are very broad terms, so let me simplify it. I work in account management so I am in contact with the client on what ads, radio scripts, E-blasts they need created or updated. Then go back to the BR creative team and tell them what we need by providing previously used creative elements and explaining the assignment. After it's been created it goes back to the client (Pfizer in this case) for their review and comments. The piece that is being created goes back and forth until the client is happy:). Material can be created for publications, trade shows, events, sell sheets for reps to pass out with customers. The list is never-ending. Basically we do it all! So next time you see the eye catching Pfizer blue in your magazine or at a trade show you will know the hands of Bader Rutter most likely created the piece. Even though I wear heels and dress pants to work everyday and sit in a tall fancy office building I am still apart of the agriculture industry. If you have any more questions about advertising agents or what I do, please comment below. Have a great night! N. Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...