Monday, March 14, 2011

A Bun in the OVEN!!

This may be an odd title, but it pretty much sums up my weekend: Lindsay's (my sister) Baby Shower. It was a success, lots of people, laughs, and a spectacular tea party brunch. Like all baby showers we spent a majority of our time oohing and aahing over all the cute presents. Lindsay is due May 9th (a day before my birthday, what a present to become an Aunt on my Birthday! Keeping my fingers are crossed!) Boy or Girl no one knows:)
Around Christmas time my friend Melissa Leander shared on her blog, Chronicle of a Lipstick Cowgirl, the most innovative way to bake bread: in a Mason Jar! I jumped right on this creative bandwagon and they ended up making excellent Holiday gifts. Real easy: Mix up for favorite bread batter, fill into 1/2 full into greased wide-mouth mason jars, bake @ 325 for 45 minutes. Boil lids and rings. Place lids and rings onto jars immediately coming out of the oven and they will seal. :) Decorate with ribbon if desired.
As a unique party favor for the shower I baked three different kinds of bread (lemon poppy seed, banana, and zucchini) in mason jars and have officially named them "A Bun in the Oven". They were a huge hit, specially amongst the "older" crowd. They were displayed in an antique buggy and our guests each took one (or two) as they departed. I will let the pictures capture the thrill of the party. After the busy weekend, I'm exhausted and ready to watch the Bachelor FINALE. Who's going to win Emily or Chantel?? I'm cheering for Emily.

"Bun in the Oven" display

"OOHing and AAHing" at all the cute baby clothes

The Grandma TO-BE, Aunts TO-BE with the Soon to be MOMMA:)

N.Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...