Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FAT TUESDAY-- What was your indulgance?

Happy Fat Tuesday! Happy Mardi Gras 2011, what did you do today to celebrate? Did anyone eat a punchki? A Polish donut that is filled with jelly fruit or custard. It's a tradition to eat these high calorie donuts today as tomorrow is Ash Wednesday (a fasting day) and the beginning of the Lenten season. Hopefully someday I can make a trip down to New Orleans to experience Mardi Gras. Does anyone have any plans for the next 40 days of Lent? I plan not shopping. Do you think I can do it? I do know that it will be hard, especially since all the cute spring clothes are out at The Limited with lent being so late this year! Oh well! I can do it and in the end I will see how much money I will have saved. It is also a huge Wisconsin tradition to end your work week with a Friday Fish Fry! It's so good, plus I love the down home atmosphere. This will be the first time in 4 years going to a Fish Fry, can't wait. It's delicious!
Today I will admit I did not eat a punchki, but I did splurge while shopping at Metro Market and bought a sliver slice of Oreo cheesecake. The sad thing: I'm too full from supper and there is no room in my tummy:( Even though tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and a day of fasting can I just save it and eat it then since I was a semi-healthy eater today?? I know that's a total Catholic strategic way of thinking!! Happy Mardi Gras!
N.Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...