Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Recap

This was my first Easter in 4 years that I was able to spend it at home with my family. While at school I thankful to have great friends that let me drag along to their family's festivities or one year my parents came to East Lansing and we had it at my little apartment. Which looking back was actually quite fun too; conquered my first holiday!
This year we spent it with my Mom's family and hosted it at our house. It's always an extended group, we're at a couple generation I think! We stuffing our tummies to the brim, Maddie and Noah stripped down to their undies and got in the hot tub. Karen, my mom and I joined them (in suites though!). Lots of fun.
Sunday we got up at the crack of dawn and drove an hour to my dad's hometown church a little one-room Methodist church were all the old ladies (including my Grandma) make an Easter breakfast afterwards. It's fun to see my dad's old neighbors and to see my surprise my Grandma Starr and Aunts. I didn't get any pictures this year, but here are some previous family holiday photos. Enjoy! Someday my kids will looking at my crazy hair & outfit I'm sure

PS- My Lenten Penance was no clothes shopping and proud to say that I went 40 days without shopping and was able to save money!!
A big group of Aunts, Uncles, Sisters & Parents at Thanksgiving
Another Thanksgiving photo. This was a fun day of visiting Lindsay's Farm with my GREAT Aunt Sally from Virginia. We then went to a little cafe in Shawano for lunch. Good times.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...