Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hereford Prayer

In honor of Holy Week I would like to share with you an old Hereford Prayer that I found god knows how long ago! I just remember thinking "that's nice, I'm sure I'll be able to use that someday" (that was the year 2007). And I can't think of a better time than the present to share. No matter what breed of cattle you and your family raise, I think you'll be able to relate and appreciate. I am so grateful that my parents raised my sisters and I in the beef industry. No only are we passionate about our cattle; but it distilled in us a strong work ethic, responsibility and the true meaning of life. Being involved in my family's farm developed me into the person that I am today; I am fortunate to have made so many contacts throughout the country. Even though I have friends near and far I consider them all good friends. There are several that I will always admire and consider true role models. The cattle business is really the best life my parents could have given me.
The Hereford Prayer
One of the best investments you can make for your children is to buy for each a registered Hereford Heifer. In this way you can make your children partners with you in your breeding program. Let every child have the profits arising from this heifer. The profit to you will be low, you gain for your children an interest and enthusiasm for Purebred Cattle that will be the most valuable asset throughout life. Remember, America’s favorite meat is beef. Beef not only builds new tissues but it repairs old tissues. Also remember that a sideline of raising cattle is the enrichment and preservation of your soil. You can’t start too soon in this worthwhile project for your boys & girls. American’s future depends on it.

N.Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...