Monday, April 4, 2011

My Monday Didn't Go As Planned...........

It's Monday, my least favorite day of the week. After coming off a relaxing weekend all I wanted was to sail through Monday like it was my Friday! The day started off on a great start: Status meetings, a few more meetings, talking with art directors all to be expected. And surprisingly I was feeling good at how I sawing sailing through my To-Do list, and relieved at how much I was getting accomplished. Needless to say I felt I was putting a good dent into the first day of the work week. Fun conversations we had about today being the Home-Opener for the Brewers, NCAA Championship tonight. I even talked to one of my team mates about the book Black Heels to Tractor Wheels who then went to Barnes & Nobles during the noon hour to purchase for her mom, that totally made my day too! Then things took a slight turn for the worse when I realized I forgot my workout shoes so would have to make a slight detour home first. Oh well no biggie guess I won't have to change in the locker room tonight! As I started my commute back to the senior residential area (yes 22 and living in a retirement home) things went drastically south, FAST. While at a stop light on a main srag in Brookfield, I realized by car had stalled! In a panic I didn't know what to do, I was so embarrassed this had never happened to me before. Thinking on my toes I quickly turned off and restarted my car. My guardian angel was watching over because the old red rocket started like a champ! However being cautious I turned onto a side street and parked in the Kopps (Delic Ice Cream) parking lot to call my mom. What was she going to do about it 2 hours away??? While explaining the situation to her my car appeared to have taken it's final breath...... Totally let down. Thankfully I called my family The Weishans, John was on his way to give me a little boost (a.k.a jump my car with those different colored cables, sorry I don't know mechanics, and trust me the mechanics can see me coming from a mile away!). Just before John arrived on the scene I was able to start my car and he followed me in to the Sears Auto Center where my car's poor sickness could be diagnosed. Long story short and a lot of $$$$ later my car had a lengthy list and will be ready for me to pick up tomorrow after work. Talk about a Monday! Let's hope the rest of the week is more uneventful! N.Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...