Yesterday I talked dairy so today we're going back to my roots and talkin' BEEF, it's what's for dinner. Burgers on the grill are my ultimate favorite summer time meal, combine that with homegrown vegetables and you have yourself a tasty, wholesome and nutritious meal. Another summer favorite of mine is to eat outside on the patio. So relaxing..... especially when you add a few glasses of wine to table! I'm from the north so we have to take advantage of every day of this warm weather before November comes and we are living in the frozen tundra!
Anyways here's a little recipe to add a little Flare (oops, Flare is for tomorrow), I mean JAZZ to your burger.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup mixed herbs (such as basil, parsley, thyme, rosemary), washed, dried, and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat grill to high. Lightly oil the grill rack
- Divide ground beef into four even portions; divide each portion in half again and pat out into large flat patties. You'll have 8 patties total.
- In bowl, mix fresh herbs with cream cheese. Divide the herb-cheese mixture among the four patties, spreading it almost to the edge of each patty. Top each patty with the second patty and seal the edges by pinching them closed.
- Gently place patties on hot grill. grill about 4 minutes, then carefully turn and grill another 3 to 4 minutes. Serve alone or on burger buns.
Lean ground beef contributes to your healthy diet. Lean ground beef is one of the 29 lean cuts of beef with a total fat content that falls between a skinless chicken breast and skinless chicken thigh. A three ounce serving of lean ground beef contributes to a higher percentage of your daily requirement for zinc, iron, protein and vitamin B12. Check out www.beef.org to learn more.
Happy Grilling and enjoy the rest of summer!