Thursday, August 11, 2011

What to Eat.....

Deep Fried and on a Stick

At the Wisconsin State Fair we are known for our food and BEER! When walking into any state fairgrounds there is a distinct aroma of deep fried food, and the Wisconsin State Fair is no exception! Each year it seems like they try to out do themselves with what they can deep fry! While I will admit I love deep fried food (sparingly!) some of the things they come up with is just plain CrAzY! If you're one that likes to plan out their state fair food itinerary (I know there some that do!) visit the Food On A Stick.
Here my favorite (or most bizarre) top ten food items served on a stick that deserve a little shout out for creativity!:
  • Chocolate covered bacon
  • Cheesecake or Xango (deep fried version)
  • Cookie Dough
  • Cream Cheese (deep fried) with bacon
  • Deep fried bacon wrapped in a hot dog
  • The Elvis (Deep fried peanut butter cup in Banana batter) (YUCK!!)
  • Spaghetti & Meatballs
  • Macaroni & Cheese
  • Deep Fried PB&J
  • BBQ Pork Chop
Like I said pretty crazy stuff! I think I may just stick with the food in the Wisconsin Ag Products Pavilion and continue to show my agriculture support to state producers! However when else are you going to eat this stuff!??! I feel a big diet coming on next week!
FYI: The new deep fried item is: DEEP FRIED BUTTER.
What is your favorite thing to eat at your State Fair??

N.Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...