Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cattle Industry Convention and NCBA Tradeshow

2012 Convention at the Gaylord Opryland

As a senior in college I had the opportunity to intern for National Cattlemen's Beef Association during the annual Cattle Industry Convention and Tradeshow when the convention was in San Antonio. Talk about an excellent opportunity for a student to experience. Business from pasture to plate of the beef industry are represented in the tradeshow. Behind the scenes of the tradeshow cattle producers have the opportunity to attend meeting sessions and a Cattlemen's College, both equipping attendees with the tools & equipment to become more knowledgeable for the industry we are all passionate about. As producers, it is important that we are always looking for new ways to provide safe, wholesome and nutritious beef to our consumers. Just think back to how efficient we have gotten utilizing our resources to keep up with the growing demand of our product? Just today I saw a twitter post that said hamburger from a single steer will make about 720 quarter-pounders! As a producer, that is something we can all be proud of!
While I'm sad I won't be joining in on the Gaylord Opryland fun with my friends at the NCBA Convention (part of me isn't sad, I'm looking forward to a fun trip out west coming soon... stay tuned), I will be keeping up with all the NCBA Convention updates via twitter by following the hashtag #CIC12.

N.Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...