Thursday, March 1, 2012

March: In like a lion out like a lamb?

With this crazy, unseasonal weather this winter who knows what spring will bring. As said earlier, I'm more of a summer gal, so I'm hoping spring is here in just a few short weeks! We've had high temperatures and rain, surely mother nature can't be fooling us! The old wives tale about the March lion and lamb is probably just as good a weather predictor as the groundhog or even an actual weatherman! Ha!
Well in my opinion, who better to predict the weather then an actually farmer. From the corn, soybean and beef prices to the latest town gossip-- they know it all! So during my noon hour after having casual conversation about the rainy weather March greeted us with I turned to (ok googled) a resource that never seems to fail, The Farmers' Almanac. When pulling up the site I found two interesting blogposts (The truth behind "In like a lion out like a lamb and In like a lion or lamb) about the 2012 predictions and meaning.

A few of my favorite sayings, have you ever heard of these?
  • A dry March and a wet May? Fill barns and bays with corn and hay. (New favorite saying!)
  • As it rains in March so it rains in June.
  • March winds and April showers? Bring forth May flowers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...