Anyways, back to the Liebster Award, this sorta reminds me of the friendship chain letters we did in gradeschool. So please check out the blogs listed below and join their site. And if I recommended your blog, you are to recommend 5 of your favorite blogs in a new post (comment on that person's blog so they're aware) and link back to mine in your post. Please keep this going (If you don't and are supertious it may bring back luck to your blog, ha just kidding)!
- From Paris with Love- Miss Holli and I met through showing cattle. She was the Hereford Intern one of the years I was serving on the NJHA Board. She never sits still for very long. Read about the exciting travels involved with her family's cattle sale management business and her Simmental cattle.
- On the Banks of Squaw Creek- Did you know there's more in Iowa than corn, cattle and pigs? Yes, add this blog to your list if interested in learning about turkeys that Katie & her family raise in state-of-the-art barns in central Iowa. Besides raising turkeys and her two children, Katie is also a Common Ground volunteer. I've been fortunate to listen to her speak about Common Ground.
- Buzzard's Beat- A K-State Wildcat who loves barrel racing & agriculture. Brandi & I both were interns at the NCBA Convention in San Antonio. Even though we don't see each other often, I still enjoy catching up with her through Twitter, Facebook, blogs and the Rockin' Rural Women chats. Buzzard's Beat does a great job of advocating and telling the truth about American agriculture.
- Pinke Post- A social media friend I hope to meet in person someday! Since joining Pinke Post I've learned what life is like on the North Dakota prairie and how a farm wife/mother survives living hours from a major city. Through her blog and daily instagram photos, Pinke Post does an excellent job of bringing the rural lifestyle to those who've never experienced it.
- Chronicles of a Lipstick Cowgirl- A country girl who isn't afraid to put on her makeup before heading out the door (my idol!). A busy girl who continues to strive to reach her goals. Melissa just graduated with her Masters, is dedicated to giving back to her community and is a member of Team Beef. She loves to run, maybe we'll meet half way between WI and KS for a 5 or 10K. Looking for a make-over? She your gal for all your Mary Kay needs.
- I've been driving the same car since I was 16. The trusty red Grand Prix is still going strong:)
- For as much as I love Packers and as close as I live to Lambeau Field, I only been to one game in my entire life.
- I'm allergic to shell fish. But it doesn't bother me too much because I LOVE BEEF!
- I have a dent in my head. Don't know why, parents took me to lots of doctors. We've come to the conclusion it's from when my mom broke her elbow doing chores while prego with me. She had to rest the cast somewhere.
- Went to college for 4 years, party at cattle shows and yet I still can't take a whole shot of liquor. I don't know what's wrong with me, perhaps I should go back to school to learn how.