Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy Hump Day

From the Brahman

We're half way through the week and for fun I wanted to share what I found in my news feed last week from the Ranch House Designs page. I really admire the people of this company and enjoy seeing their work at cattle shows across the country and in the livestock magazines. When I was a senior at Michigan State (2 1/2 yrs ago) I received their scholarship. I'm feel so thankful to have had influential stakeholders in the livestock industry that supported me throughout my college career, it truly shaped who I am today. Thank You Ranch House!

This is a Brahman. I've always been intrigued by this breed of cattle, maybe it's because it's not something you find everyday in the upper Midwest. Maybe someday I'll own at least one! Here's some fun facts:
  • Have a large distinct hump, a loose flap of skin from the neck and big floppy ears
  • Having more sweat glands they're able to withstand heat (hence their reasoning for living in the south and not be me!) 
  • Brahman are commonly crossed with Hereford or Angus; also common in the southern part of the country
So there's you fun Brahman facts for your hump day!

N.Starr

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...