Tuesday, December 3, 2013

#GivingTuesday

Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday

Let's admit it, we spend those three days buying for ourselves. We start out with good intentions but then there's always that one thing that you just can't resist. I've done it and I'm sure you have too. Yesterday I heard of #GivingTuesday and then this little story appeared in my daily Advent book that I'm trying be dedicated to this holiday season. I really hope this new tradition catches on; America needs a day giving to others.
It just so happens that my coworkers and I have adopted a family through United Way of Greater Milwaukee this holiday season. Also a new tradition that has gotten all of us in the spirit! So I thought tonight was the perfect night for a Target run to get something on the family's six year old. On her Christmas list  was cooking and kitchen toys. Which kind of reminded me of when I was a little girl, always pretending to do something. Thrilled that kids are using their imagination! I know, I know that makes me sound old! I hope this little girl lights up when she opens her present and we help make her and her family's Christmas extra special this year.
A set complete with pots, pans, rolling pin, hand blender, a mixing spoons. Makes me want to throw on my apron and pretend to be Martha Stewart!

N.Starr


 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...