Monday, March 17, 2014

The Luck of the Irish

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I love this holiday, not as much as Christmas, but it's fun! I'm 50 percent Irish (my mom is the leprechaun :)) so we always look forward to a reason to celebrate our heritage. This year was much, much calmer than last year. Last year, we had a big family reunion/90th Birthday party for my great Uncle Ralph, the Happy Birthday video is a must-watch if you haven't seen it!
With the holiday falling on a Monday, it was a pretty low key day. I did however get to wear my Irish Guinness jersey, its once a year outing! And made chocolate-dipped pretzels with shamrock sprinkles-- which were a hit at work.

Luckily, I'll continue wearing green. For sure this week and if all goes well over the next couple weeks too. Not because of my Irish heritage but to cheer on the Spartans in March Madness. Before Thursday I'll have my bracket filled out and be ready to cheer on the green & white! What's your method to a winning bracket? I'm taking advice:)
N.Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...