Tuesday, April 17, 2012

We Survived!

Iola 5K Trail Run

For those who aren't runners but want to be runners, I recommend the Coach to 5K app for your iPod or iPhone. I wasn't (and really still am not) a runner but this walk-run-walk routine sure whipped me into running shape. You start slow, and the running gradually increases. Just plug in your headphones and play your favorite music, and the app will tell you when to walk and when to run.


Well I thought I was ready... I mean I did two 5 K's last Fall (Bear Creek Kraut Run and Susan G. Komen) how could this one be any different? The trail running portion is what totally got me (I'm such a rookie!) I never would have thought this would be more of an obstacle rather than a runner. It wasn't anything like the previous day's walk in the pasture. After millions of hills, narrow trails and dodging of tree stumps & roots the finish line was in sight.
"They" (as in the professionals) say you're more successful if you have a running buddy. I don't know if Brenda will trust me anymore to pick the races. Needless to say I don't think we have a strong future in trail running. Brenda finished in 39 minutes, I finished in 44 minutes. No sprained ankles!
Have a great Tuesday! Anyone participating in 5K or 10K runs this spring/summer? Someday I hope to have a Team Beef running jersey.

N.Starr

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Get your Team Beef jersey and rock it like I do! I love when people yell Go Team Beef at races. I have a couple of 5Ks still planned for this spring and my half in May. This summer I'm planning on at least two a month then who knows from there! Maybe one day we can plan to run a race together, as in a destination race we both go to. Keep it up girl!

Nicole Starr said...

You're inspired me to get a Team Beef jersey!! I can't believe you're doing a half! Do you use any apps on your ipod? I'd love to meet up with you someday halfway between Milwaukee & St. Joe... we deserve a destination race:) Have a great afternoon Melissa!!

Holli said...

I have been thinking about doing the Couch to 5K. I didn't know there was an app, so I will definitely check that out.

Nicole Starr said...

You'll do great Holli! It's really help my endurance and feeling of accomplishment after I complete one of the workouts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...