Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Beauty Chat

Even though farm girls spend a majority of our time outside working, we still want to look good. Even if it doesn't involve putting on putting on makeup everyday (or weekends in my case), a good moisturizer is always a necessity whether it's the 40 below in the gusty wind or 100 degrees in the hot sun. For me, protecting my skin is important, I'm pushing 25 and have no time for crows feet.
Going fun places like into the office, out with friends or cattle shows like the National Western Stock Show give me a good excuse to beautify.
I always like having a variety of makeup to chose from. Why wear the same thing everyday? I've always have the best luck with using a consistent foundation and powder, but beyond that I'm game for options. Especially when it comes to my eyes. A few weeks ago I restocked my makeup (ok got an initial start at restocking) and new brushes due to an unplanned incidence earlier this year. I don't know about you but I hop from counter to counter, oohing and aahhinng, grazing over all the products. Applying eye colors to the top of my hand until my its completely covered with colorful, powdery streaks. It was overwhelming and I'm sure the lovely, well-put-together ladies we annoyed at my indecisiveness. I got over that feeling quickly....it was a Monday night, they had nothing better to do than give me their undivided attention.



I'm not a loyal customer. To just one counter that is. This time I went with brushes (hopefully something I won't have to buy again for a long time), mascara and eyeliner from MAC. I did get a MAC freebie... when you return six empty product containers you get a lipstick of your choice. The plastic containers are melted down and used for playground equipment. Always feel good about spending money when it involves helping the children:) That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it. And finally hit up the Lancome counter for eyeshadow.

What brand of makeup do you use? I know there are some Clinique and Mary Kay gals out there too. I'd love to hear what product you can't live without!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Well you know my brand of choice! ;) But it is fun being a girl and "oohing and ahhhing" over new colors!

Anonymous said...

fantastic points altogether, you simply gained a logo new
reader. What would you recommend about your publish that you simply made a few days
in the past? Any certain?
Feel free to surf my page - acne scars fast

Nicole Starr said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies!! Melissa- I love the makeup photos that you have on Facebook. Go Mary Kay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...