Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hurley Crest

Time for a lesson on the family tree.

Yesterday I mentioned that I learned something about my family. This was part of my 101 in 1001 goals. I thought I'd continue this week's theme of St. Patrick's Day, only a few more days till the big day of drinking green beer. Remember last Friday when I went to an Irish reunion/birthday party? Being the leprechauns we are, we dressed in green. My Aunt Jo was wearing a small pin with her green sweater. I kick myself for not taking a picture of the pin. I asked what it meant and she told me it was the Hurley Family Crest. I always knew we had a family crest, but wasn't sure what it looked like. Neat knowing a family has it's own symbol to represent themselves. It must be equivalent to family farms having their own logo passed down for several generations...

Is your family represented by a crest or symbol?
  N.Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...