Thursday, December 26, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree

It's the day after Christmas, some of who are already back at work (over-achievers) and some of you are like me... still in your PJs ignoring all the empty boxes and wrapping by sipping on your second cup of coffee. The thought has crossed my mind to workout but I think I'll settle on another of my Dad's homemade chocolates and hit the new year hard. This Christmas was a blast and I can't wait to share more with you. But first, I want to show you the Christmas trees that Mom and I slaved over the whole month. You remember reading about blinking barn lights and untangling extension cords, right? Well, here's the final result. Complete with trees, garland and old-fashion bulbs. It was worth freezing off fingers and all the swear words.

Believe it or not, our indoor tree was less work than the barn trees! How long do you keep your tree up? This tree is pretty dry so I have a feeling it will be coming down soon. I once heard that you'll have bad luck in the upcoming year if you take your tree down before January 1.

Does anyone hide a pickle ornament on their tree? My family just started doing this a few years ago. The old tradition is whoever finds the hidden pickle ornament gets an extra present. I was the lucky one who found it.

N.Starr
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...