Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pig Racin' at the State Fair

Started this post last Thursday while waiting for my parents to pick me up. So just pretend it's still last Thursday, OK? Thanks. Sorry the state fair updates weren't in real-time like they were last year. You can read about last year's updates here and here.

My parents are bringing our cattle to the state fair tonight for the open beef show. The dairy and beef are bought into the fair in segments so not everyone has to be there the whole 12 days. But living close to the fairgrounds I've already been to the fair a couple times to volunteer for cattle organizations and have tasty state fair food!
Earlier this week I helped with the pig races, I didn't have to do anything w/the pigs, just hold a donation bucket. All donations went toward a scholarship fund for Wisconsin youth involved in livestock. It was quite a show...
"World Famous" Pig Racing... Come one come all!

On your mark, get set, go! Looks like number 2 is in the lead.
Can you believe this was my first pig race? I don't think I should start betting, I'll stick to my dream of going to bet on horses at the Kentucky Derby!
And this is what happens when you lose a pig bet, you have to give a kiss!
Pigs were raced and money was raised for the future of the livestock industry! How do you raise money for scholarships in your state?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...