Thursday, October 31, 2013

Great Pumpkin

Happy Halloween

Call me a Halloween Grinch but I'm just not huge on this holiday. I like pumpkins and everything else that comes with fall (the colors, Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte, cattle sales). As you've seen, I fully embrace decorating pumpkins with fancy prints or an etched cowboy boot, I guess it's the dressing up part that's just not my thing. Luckily I had a good group of coworkers that put their creative juices to the works to come up with the group costume. Do you think it was as good as last year's cast of Guess Who?
The Running of the Bulls!! Three bulls and a crew of runners.
We even got a cash prize at the BR party. Lucky for us it paid for the pizza we ordered for lunch! 
So as you can imagine I'm not out on the town in a scanky costume getting sloshed. I've gone to boot camp, packed my bag for this week's wedding (last one of the season) and now watching Charlie's Brown The Great Pumpkin show. You're never too old, it brings back childhood memories. We always know who they'll end, but the shows never get old. In fact most of you are probably doing the same but won't admit it. Maybe you've even gone as far as updating your Facebook status to make it seem like you're having the wildest Halloween yet?!
What got me thinking as the show started was Charlie Brown's shirt. CHEVRON!! Who knew all these years later Charlie's shirt would be fashionable. Proof that everything comes back in style.
What Halloween traditions do you have?
Happy Halloween, everyone!!

N.Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...